Welcome to the Old Rectory, Haselbech
Opening dates and times:Visitors are welcome by appointment. Coaches are permitted, groups 20+ preferred.
Refreshments: Availalbe on request.
Contact: Mrs P C Flory Telephone: 01604 686432
Further details:Haselbech is a small pretty Northamptonshire village with the C13 church at its centre. The Old Rectory was built in 1728 mainly with Northamptonshire ironstone. The 1½-acre garden overlooks glorious unspoilt views and was redesigned by the present owners in 1998, very much in sympathy with the house and surroundings. The walled garden now contains herbaceous borders, a small formal rose parterre with clipped box and yew hedges and a potager vegetable garden. There is a small interesting bog garden, spectacular daffodils in March / April, tulips and bluebells and April/ May, and a new round rose garden with "cloud buxus" and yew hedging. There is a lovely well planted terrace area round the house overlooking the lawn and ha-ha with a rose round garden. A short woodland walk leads to a newly planted tree belt and small bluebell copse. The tree belt is gradually being planted with drifts of snowdrops for winter interest and contains some winter flowering cherries. This is an immaculately kept garden with all-year interest overlooking the most glorious views, and several majestic old trees including a colossal cedar probably planted when the rectory was built which is a great feature.
|The Old Rectory Haselbech, Cottesbrooke Road, Northamptonshire, NN6 9LJ|
All pictures are copyright © Clive Nichols